Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Gardens Where People Grow

Hello Everyone,

How are you?  Well, I hope.  What's your weather like?  Are you having a functional heat wave, like we are here in London, Ontario?  All the snow melted away with some real downpours of rain.  But the temperature is going back down again tomorrow.

Perhaps it's the too fast weather change that had me feeling really down.  For once, I took my own advice and looked to City Farmer website (www.cityfarmer.info), where I found a wonderful video about the Martineau Gardens in Birmingham, England.

‘Gardens Where People Grow’ is a cheerful, positive 6 minute film that really lifted my spirits and I'm sure will lift yours! 

This film focuses on Martineau Gardens near Birmingham, UK. It explores how community gardens benefit public health and increase resilience in a community, with particular focus on the impact of the garden and gardening on the mental health and well being of the people of Birmingham. Commissioned by the National Health Service Midlands and East (UK).

This is a must see!!   http://www.martineau-gardens.org.uk/about-us/what-is-a-community-garden/

Director: John Hill-Daniel Camera: Carl Jorden, Peter Austin
Martineau Gardens website: http://www.martineau-gardens.org.uk/

I hope you enjoy the video!  I'm going to browse the Martineau website now.

Very best regards to you!

Why's Woman

No comments: