Sunday, October 2, 2011

Taking a break

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all well.

I'm still working on getting the word out about From Community Gardening to Urban Agriculture in London, Oct. 16. see the News page of www.communitygardenslondon.ca

Lots of details, and I wake up in the morning thinking about some of them - and go to bed at night thinking about others. It's an extreme exercise in Saving the World in My Spare Time ... that's taking all my spare time.

I just used two minutes of that spare time to read Jenna Woginrich's Cold Antler Farm blog. One of her October 2 entries mentions that she heard Joel Salatin talk at a Mother Earth News event (and I admit to envy for both parts of that!). He was talking about the importance of sitting around a table and having dinner with your family ... and Jenna goes on to talk about that as something her family did. It's worth reading: http://coldantlerfarm.blogspot.com/
[just realized Jenna put several posts on today ... when does that woman sleep?!]

And worth doing. I admit to a certain separateness in our household when it comes to dinner. We sit down too many times in different rooms ... not paying good attention to each other or the dinner (that my husband makes most days, and he's a good cook and deserves praise!)

Best regards to all,

Why's Woman

No comments: