Wednesday, June 9, 2010

blogging stops when you can't sit down

Wednesday, June 9. It's been longer than usual between postings. I slipped and fell 9 days ago, pulling a hamstring muscle enough to have massive bruising which has now shifted down my leg as far as my ankle and is trying to wrap my knee. I know the damage could have been far worse and that I'm pretty lucky, but it's ugly.

I've been more than cranky, mostly unable to sit down (which sure makes me prioritize what I have to do at the computer), and missing a lot of sleep. Why is it that throbbing happens at 1:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m.?

I adore my husband. He's helped me clamber over the tub edge into the shower, put my socks and shoes on, retied laces when he tied them too tight, and puts arnica cream on my leg three times a day. I don't know why arnica cream works to speed healing of bruises by speeding their reabsorption, but it does. I've been calling it magic cream.

Arnica montana is the proper name of the herb in the cream I bought. The seeds are available through Richter's herbs (www.richters.com) and I've decided to send another order in this year so I can get some started in the garden. Arnica montana is a perennial in zones 6-9 and I think I've got a microclimate up by the house where it'll grow. This experience is going to be my inspiration to make my first herbal cream (next year, anyway). For now, I'm thankful to the company that made the stuff I have.

Thankful to my husband, and .... hey, I just realized I've been sitting for a whole fifteen minutes ... sort of slumped with no pressure on my leg, but sitting.

Best regards to all and hoping you have no accidents!

Why's woman

No comments: